"Phishing" is when scammers send emails or text messages to trick you into giving them your personal information. These emails and messages can impersonate a company or business.
- Make sure your internet browser is on commerce.glass before signing in to your account or entering any personal information.
- Don't share sensitive account details such as your password or bank account number. Glass Commerce will never ask you for your password, bank account, or IBAN number in an email.
- Look for telltale signs of a phishing email, especially poor spelling and grammar or links requesting your password, bank account details, or credit card number. Take a moment to familiarize yourself with phishing email scams and how to recognize them here: http://www.onguardonline.gov/phishing
- Change your password often.
- Don't use the same password across multiple sites.
- Turn on two-factor authentication in your Glass Commerce account.
- If you receive a suspicious email that says it is from Glass Commerce, please let us know by forwarding it to email@example.com
Learn more about how to enable optional security settings in your GLASS COMMERCE account.