Context is always important. Asking the right questions avoids mistakes when designing solutions. Are you using the correct/best data to answer your questions or build your business? Are you using the right metrics or indicators to alert you to problems? Existing processes may have evolved naturally over time and just need an update, or they could be the result of bias embedded in the system.
Our skill sets at Redefining Default enable us to leverage multiple analytic techniques and disciplines, including:
- Data Science to collect, clean, and investigate data.
- Workflow and process automation to free up spare capacity and resources for other tasks.
- Visualizations, graphics, reports and articles to inform decisions or share findings.
- Econometrics to conduct market analysis and identify trends.
- Metric design for risk analysis and process indicators.
- Methodology design to inject rigor and consistency into processes.
Data Mining & Web Scraping
Collect, structure and format web-based information for use in market research, research papers, or to identify trends.
- Web scraping and data mining of web-based information, where permitted by applicable laws and terms of service
- Collect and structure information across multiple webpages
- Output file cleaned and formatted
- Exported to Excel, CSV, Google Sheets, JSON or a database.
- Includes Python/Jupyter Notebook source file for automation.